Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Who do you want to be?

So this morning I was able to catch up on my Super Soul Sunday. I missed Dr Robin yesterday and wanted to be able to give it my full attention. So watched the interview today.
So far I have a Question: Who do you want to be?
In hindsight I always thought that I was at my best when I was newly widowed, taking care of myself, and my son, by myself. Living a "good" life. I was happy. I enjoyed the having dinner every night with my son, I so enjoyed Sunday afternoons with my Mom. I didn't have a dime. I was working 30 hours a week, just barely getting the bills paid but I was happy.
I remember taking a ride to the beach and just sitting there. I felt so blessed. It was March and there I was sitting on a beach at 7pm, it was still light and not freezing. I was Happy. I felt I was "doing it".
Now by other people's standards I was a "Poor Widow" who couldn't work full time because I needed to be in town and on time to have dinner with my son every night. I had to be the constant. I had a car, but it was borrowed and never knew when or if I'd be bale to use beyond getting back and forth to work.. Didn't know if I'd make the rent every month...."Poor Girl".
But I didn't feel that way.

So my question is:
Who do you want to be? Do you want to be happy for what makes YOU happy?
Or do you want to be "Happy" with what "Others" say you should be Happy with?

Life is all about Perception, but the only perception that makes any difference is truly yours!
You are the Star of Your life, but only a secondary character in everything else.

*This article also Featured in BoomerBuzz Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment